Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Real Time Telephone Talk Time

Here's a Friday snippet for ya:

[premise: calling into a town in Missouri. A sale was made, and we were referred to the business that I called...the receptionist and I have become quite close over the past week or so. Considering I've only called a few times asking for the owners, she should really learn to like me. I'm so charming!]

**ring**ring**
Business/Debbie: Hello? Business X!

Me: Hi, good morning - this is El Prez, working together with the chamber of commerce. How are you this morning?

Business/Debbie: Oh. Yeah. They're not in.

((ice cold, Deb! what gives!!)

Me: Oh okay - sorry Debbie did I catch you at a bad time?

Business/Debbie: No.

Me: I wasn't sure you sounded a little preoccupied - well happy Friday at least! Do you expect them in later?

Business/Debbie: No. And Monday's going to be bad. You know, we sell screens.

((uh...silence))

Me: Yeah absolutely I know that! We understand, Mondays can be rough - full inbox after that weekend right?? (then I do my fake phone laugh.)

Business/Debbie: Yes, like I said we do screens.

((ya Deb. you sell screens. got it.))

Me: I know. When I spoke with BlahBlahDental, same thing - they're slammed cuz it's back to school!

Business/Debbie: Sure. And the weather just changed so it's crazy for us.

Me:...Alright great so I'll follow up next week - have a great weekend!!

*click*
Okay. Screens. In Missouri. Not like it's the next ice age right around the corner here at the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment