Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

When I go downtown with the girls on a Saturday night, having been mistaken for my mother is NOT one of my favorite things. Period.

It went something like this:
Waiting in line to get into The Pig (a bar...about as classy as its name indicates) with HookerJones and BuckWild, I saw my sister's friend. Who is 21..ish. So we had the typical exchange: "omg I can't believe I'm seeing you out! omg let's have a drink as soooooon as I get in!" Which is what older siblings/friends are supposed to do when we see the little ones out. It's a rite of passage. And then I couldn't find her. Shame...but I saw another one of my sister's friends later on waiting in line for the bathroom. She freaked out and said, "Like OMG!! Kar said that your mom was here!! And like was gonna buy her a shot!!!" ...death and destruction to my twenty-something ears... I explained to Friend #2 that, no, it was in fact me that promised the alcohol bonding experience...not my 50yr old mother. (disclaimer: i hope to look half as good as my mom when i'm 50. but i'm 23. let's not get ahead of ourselves)
That was awesome. Then HookerJones almost took a tumble down a man hole in front of five cops.


No comments:

Post a Comment