Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

No I'm not kidding you with this.

We here in Cubicle Land read two things...

the Chronicles (duh) and Barstool.

There you have it...well-rounded, worldly cube kids. Making mom and dad proud. Not for nothing - I envy the mooks who run the Stool. Sitting around all day and ripping on people and blogging and making money and shooting the business with their dumbass friends. Which, actually is a lot like what I already do.

I digress.

Barstool's changed things up with the lady's version, called StoolLaLa. **oooohh la la** Fancy. At first I was like "who is this crotchety girl Jenna anyways - complained about this and that. not cute. not funny. and i'm 100% sick of the dumb cat/dog videos." But then I couldn't stop reading it. And then she put a video of a woman throwing a cat in the garbage. Score.

And then there was Spike.

How their union came to be is unknown to me. Aka I just don't care to read through the blog's archives. Spike is a young man (ish) who seems a lot like my sister's friend Ariel. They're both...special. With a sprinkle of retardation-slash-downs. Bless their hearts. Ariel met my sister 6 years ago at my friend Kara's graduation party...he has called her every day since. Not joking. Sends her hand written letters. Leaves 30 minute voicemails. And whenever he calls the house and I pick up, he thinks I am my mother...Oh, and StoolLaLa writer, Jenna, is a lot like my sister. The parallels tickle me.

So. Spike records himself dancing in his tighty-whiteys on treadmills; Ariel records himself on 22 minute bongo solos. They love their craft and they love sharing it. Or as Spike says, "get my message out there and make a difference."

And for some reason girls like Jenna and my sister love to humor kids like Spike and Ariel. And their friends/followers love it. In fact. Ariel performed at my sister's high school graduation party. He brought his bongos and a cd player as back up that you had to hold to your ear drum to hear. Not awkward. My heart goes out to 'em.

So in order to catapult myself to stardom, I'm going to exploit retards who mean well. Until then...please meet Spike. Props to StoolLaLa for this epic human interest exchange. BTW: Spike loves Justin Bieber.



[Gracias to FaLaLa* and HookerJones for the tip]

No comments:

Post a Comment