Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This was how I started my Tuesday

My dad texted me this morning:
(dad): Call me when you can. I have a stupid question. We are missing a Cutco knife.
You don't say. Considering I moved out of my parents' house, ohhhh...four. months. ago.

It's funny watching your parents get old. Except my mom because she never ages. Ever. But seriously my dad's most awesome neurosis deals with lost objects (namely: silverware). Okay, I get it...Type A personality and borderline OCD. It kind of became a joke; we gifted an array of plastic spoons/forks/knives to him for Christmas. And the fam is always really really understanding of his treasure hunting. Until I found him rummaging through my underwear drawer one day last year.

He goes, "We are still missing the last spoon in the set."

Sorry. You thought the final Faberware spoon was the most likely object you'd find there??


No, I don't have the Cutco knife. And I wasn't hiding the spoon.

Time to stage an intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment