Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cubes. This is My Life.


Cubes.

Buck up, twenty-somethings. Life doesn't have to be all quadrilaterals and angles. After the work honeymoon wears off, shit can wear you down. The daily grind. The coffee grounds. And as soon as the clock hits 5 you peace out. That's what happens to you circa Month 3, maybe 4, of employment. When you're like "okay I'm done with this now," because you're used to life changing every three months (think: semester, break, semester, summer, repeat). And then it sinks in...or crashes down on you like an email virus - this 40-hours-a-week thing just booked you solid for the next 40+ years. Ensues denial, acceptance, etc.

Mmmmkay? Great! Now that you've decided to pull yourself together, here's one of the best websites/blogs that I've found in a while: www.Under30CEO.com

I'm trying to expand my horizons because The Office has blocked EVERY possible outlet from YahooMail to CNN/Fox News! If you're on the outside, forward me some juicy details.

I digress.

Totally diggin this Under30 take on the 'next step' in the twenty-something stride. They're spinning business in terms of Lil Wayne, Lady Gaga, but with some hardcore-down-to-earth wisdom on making something of yourself. Right on! Some of you are ready for this. But you're always welcome to visit Cubicle Land, for old times' sake (aka...don't stop hitting up my site, I'm trying to make it in this world too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment