Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Prep for Home Ec


Life plan: make enough money to comfortably support my lifestyle...with a job I enjoy

Back up life plan: marry rich.

Do you also struggle in the close? Is sales not for you? Well then you're probably more cut out for the domestic life. There's hope. Last week's issue of NewsWeek prepped me (in 13 multiple choice questions) for my tragic career as a Home Economist.

[these are compiled directly from the 1950s NYS High School Regents exams]

9.) Which of the following items is most important for a well-equipped medicine cabinet?
  1. toothache medicine
  2. sleeping pills
  3. an antiseptic
  4. a deodorant
  5. a laxative
10.) Happy relationships for a young married couple are likely to be strengthened when the wife
  1. influences the husband to spend all his leisure time with her
  2. dislikes to see the husband show affection for his mother
  3. resents the husband's being asked to work overtime
  4. tries to make the husband overcome annoying habits
  5. encourages the husband to join men friends sometimes for play and work activities
11.) The best choice of color for painting walls in a living room with a northern exposure is:
  1. aqua
  2. soft blue
  3. apple green
  4. dusty rose
  5. turquoise
Riiiiight. Basically, after tanking the MC, I would have a lot of ground to recoup in the Essay portion: blinds can make it so that one does not know if a room is getting northern exposure or not so give me a can of hot pink paint and a Home Depot credit card; the only antiseptic I keep starts with "V" and ends with "odka" and it always gets the job done; as for strengthening a young married couple's relationship...I'm a strong advocate of the Three F's (as in: Friendship. Faith. and Frugality...duh!).

Currently checking Craigslist for my future mansion on Wisteria Lane and collecting recipes for my Recipe Scrapbook.

Yeah. I'm a forever kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment