Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

i had to...

Okay. So the "$ For Houses" sign...

Yesterday I blogged about the audacity of the actual sign...and today I went ahead and dialed the number . Hanks' inquiry got the best of me.

And it was the message machine for Golisandro House Buyers ("press 1 for apartments for rent, press 2 for our lender program, press 3 to sell your house, press 4 for a fixer-upper, press 5 to refer a vacant house").

Check that. I just did a more efficient Google search, reaching out to credible resources like Manta and BBB. Finally I did reverse look-up and Googled the phone number itself. And it's actually the business line for another local house-buying company (not Golisandro...selective hearing) - but the business is incorporated and established. Their website seems pretty nice - but anybody can put a few pictures on a template - fantastic they're even hooked up to Facebook too.

Joe & Lisa seem like a nice young couple; entrepreneurs in fact, and about as American as they come. They clearly understand the value of being connected on the World Wide Web. So why the fuck are you slapping your business line on a piece of posterboard and sticking it into the grass with two metal sticks?? I make better signs for high school lacrosse games...and even for Weaver's soccer games. At least go to Kinko's, have something legible printed out..."$ for Houses"...seriously?

Have some pride. They could sell mansions and work exclusively with ROC's billionaires, but putting some third-grade artwork near a traffic light and calling it a Marketing Strategy...I can't expect you'll be attracting that high-class clientele. The only reason I drove past your sign was to drop off a couple of drunk college kids to a party. The only reason I called your number was because I'm a jerk and I'm bored out of my fucking mind. Do either of those characteristics scream 'target market' to you?

Corporate America's heart just broke. How could you.

For Joe and Lisa's sake. That sign better be a practical joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment