Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Gold Star for Chrissy

So I just got into a verbal battle with a little office wench.

Miss Chrissy was getting all hot and bothered by the fact that I was ASKING for 15minutes of her time (at no charge) - finally I said that she sounded like she was questioning the validity of the program, blah blah blah.

Then.

I said if it's not something they were interested in, I'd go ahead and start contacting X, Y, Z (specifically naming their competitors). Then Chrissy went into an all-out meltdown.

'THAT IS VERY RUDE TO SAY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO CALL SOME ONE ELSE - YOU ARE ASKING ME TO PAY AT LEAST $1,000 FOR SOMETHING AND THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SELL A PRODUCT'

FYI Chrissy: THAT IS EXACTLY how you sell a product. Allow me to give you an insight to this million dollar company that I work for. Do you think we sit in a meeting from 8am-9am every morning because it helps coffee digestion? Maybe expecting a little nugget of knowledge pertaining to the WorldWideWeb will be thrown our way? No. We learn to spin a web of words to trap your dumb, unassuming ass and then drown you in your own doubts. Then I make phone calls, show you web stuffs that will make you giddy, then demand your credit card while threatening (in a very nice way) that I'm going to contact your direct competitor if you don't.

Go screw. That's why you work as some ones bitch, scheduling appointments all day (oh...fuck. bad analogy). I meant: That's why you make a lot less money than me.

**the only thing I did learn from this was, had I kept my cool, I could have talked circles around Chrissy til she was dizzy and writing down the appointment by sheer centripetal force of pen-in-hand**

No comments:

Post a Comment