Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

Around this time last year, I was diligently procrastinating for my finals. Despite my seemingly "put-togetherness", I'm a terrible student. Mainly because there's no point in paying some one to tell me what Google will give me for free. Also because I drink a LOT of coffee.

This life philosophy has really done wonders for me. One afternoon, post 8-hr cram session at the library, I started my walk back to the apartment. It was a mild spring afternoon but when the campus short-bus pulled up to its library stop, I jumped aboard in my typical 'second semester senior' fashion to avoid the crippling 4-minute walk.

Aboard the short-bus, reflecting on the past four years...semesters gone, shenanigans galore...so caught up in nostalgia, I completely missed my stop.

I could have stood up at any point...in a small college town, the longest walk to anywhere wasn't more than 10 minutes. But no. Stricken by fear, I rode the short bus for a solid hour and ended up at Wal-Mart. Stranded, I sat on the bench outside the supercenter and waited for my roommate to pick me up. Not the first time she had to come to my rescue either.

But Snooki's latest bar brawl has me beaming with pride over my bar fight senior year. This past Saturday, Snooki decided to bear her claws and slap a man, started a food fight and threw her drink on him. As for me, some fraternity moron poured his Jack/Coke on me. Probably didn't expect I could throw a right hook...but basically, I won and fraternity moron was thrown out. Why do dudes gotta be hating on chicks like me and Snooki?

And as the day comes full circle, the hold music for an attorney's office was Shaggy's "Angel". Nothing says "let me represent you in court" like a rap-tastic love ballad. It's a classic. So for the good ol' days, and my shawty Snooki...


No comments:

Post a Comment