Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Coffee Break Fail.

So today I met some one new in the 8th floor kitchen during my afternoon coffee break. I felt rude making small talk and not knowing this person...Carly. Of course I mis-heard and initially called her Charlene. I asked if she was a new hire. No, in fact she's working on some film festival stuff with our Fifth Year division. Of course I had no idea what she was talking about, and she continued on like 'why wouldn't this girl know what I was talking about?' I felt like an idiot and started to lose my cool.

Trying to regain some poise, I thought to myself... 'film'...she's probably in from Hollywood or NYC, let's not embarrass the company here. Naturally the weather seemed like the most neutral topic, so I said, "Oh I'm so sorry you're here when we're having this horrible weather!"

Well then she told me that she moved here because she 'fell in love with a man from ROC'. Ugh. I choked on my sip of coffee and just walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment