Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Case of the Fridays

Remember when we used to do Friday happy hours?

Remember when Hank would come over the loudspeaker at 4:30pm and announce "Per the Boss Man - class is dismissed"...or was that Rich who'd say that?

Whatever the case, that is NOT the case today. Then again, with seven people getting canned today, why question authority?

So of course the past hour has been the no-work-work-hour (*gasp*). Thank goodness the Boss Man is way too focused on more important matters - like firing slackers - than GTSing and investing in the new worst nightmare of Cubicle Land...

When Trevor Blackwell, CEO of a company called Anybots, wants to know what his employees are up to, he sends a robot to their cubicles. "I can see if people are busy on something -- and then won't interrupt them," he said this week. "Or, you know, if they're doing something that looks interesting, or if they look stuck, I'll have a conversation with them." [CNN.com]

What a dick.  Translation..."I'm quite comfortable sitting in my corner office and even moving to get my coffee is a stretch. Can I have some one type this memo for me?  Thank goodness for this robot.  This way I can see if people are being lazy shits and up on that YouTube or Bar Chair crap, wasting the company's money. So I'll play with my new billion dollar toy and spy on them."

The thing is. They are busy. They may not be busy doing work. We know it's not something 'interesting'...these monkeys work in cubicles. If they're stuck, it's most likely just been put into the 'to do' pile for later.

Honestly! The people running companies these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment