Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

AAAAA-burrito.



WARNING: this is really boring until the 1:24 mark...then it gets awesome and gang-like.

Blockheads is a grrrrreat burrito place nestled in NYC. I've eaten there once, but the street scene wasn't nearly as exciting. Speaking of burritos. I studied abroad in Santiago, Chile (South America). Funny how I'd taken one semester of espanol only to be immersed in a Spanish-speaking continent. Was there for the funeral of some very decorated, high ranking military official. And the cultural experience was incredible. I joined my host family for the day. But after the fourth hour of watching the city-wide procession pass by, I was waning. My host madre turned to me and asked, "blahblahblahblah aburrito??" Of course that caught my attention. So I said "SI! ME GUSTA. Tengo hambre" (trans: Yes, I like them! I'm hungry). Host madre was totally offended. Hmm. Later learned that "aburito" means "bored".

No comments:

Post a Comment