Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Cheers


To be perfectly honest, had there been an open bar at 7am...I would have been there at 7:01am.

It's Friday. It's pay day. And it's been a long, long week.

Circa 7:13am, text message from friend received: "Would you like to get past the point of inebriation with me tonight?" And yes, yes I would. Holy hot mess.

Speaking of which, HookerJones's ripped stockings had her living up to her name.

Two notable things about life at The Office. Interning only helped me become the 9th floor copy machine slave. Also, the names Kim and Kelly are not gender-specific...don't assume anything (ASSUME makes and ASS out of U and ME. haha get it???)

BuckWild & My Homie were subject to the ever-watchful eyes and ears of the Upper Management. Everyone please be cautious of the newly installed "invisible cameras on your left" because they are alwayyyys watching. And although the cameras are pretend [duh], please ladies lets remember to keep that bathroom clean. We are twenty-somethings - lets act like it.

Cube Chat: the South is a tricky thing. Manners are hit-or-miss when it comes to dealing with Northerners and non-locals. But they're also kinda dumb and sleep with their cousins so I usually don't feel bad. We really do try to understand them. For example Magpie inquired about the proper pronunciation of "pecan" for southern states...is it "pee-con" or "pee-can"? Geographic location may not have much bearing on this because I've heard it both ways, North and South, East and West.

But a lot can be learned from those Southern homebodies. They love their people. There's something to be said for the bonds we form with our childhood friends, freshman year dorm friends, twenty-something pod mates...although the cube across from me remains unoccupied, I have a fierce loyalty to The Butler, HookerJones, C-dawg (and even Chi-cetts). Nothing like catching up after a long weekend or commiserating over a power tripping executive. These are my peeps, my podmates. It's always good to be where everybody knows your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment