Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

My First Apartment

I'm all moved in to my first 'grown-up' apartment. The twenty-something cube of influence continues to grow. And could not be more timely.

Me: So Ma - you going to miss having me around here?
Mom: I don't think you realize how much you're going to miss me.

So I just left my parent's house. We had a little farewell family dinner that my mom decided she didn't want to eat and that both siblings were absent for (I applaud them though. For having lives.). Steak and salad - Father and I brought our plates to the tv room. We were supposed to watch the Tivo'd "Friday Night Lights" that we missed yesterday. Until Parents got wrapped up in a deep convo about baseball drama. High school baseball. My brother's season. That just ended. Today. Brother didn't seem too concerned since he was in the basement with his girlfriend.

Then to be guilted about not "spending time" with them on my last night. You had me for a year. A year out of my twenties. A really fun, reckless, juicy and debaucherous decade of my life. I'm way more fun now than my Girl Scout badging, flute-playing days of the past. You been missing out, yo.

Leasing has brought some solid foundation to the twenty-something in between. There's $20 in my pocket and a bottle of white left to my name. I have a whole night and a whole life ahead of me. Watch out world.

No comments:

Post a Comment