Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Stomping Grounds

This Friday was the first time visiting my alma mater for a night on the town. The pilgrimage. What brought me there was my hockey team's first home game. What kept me there was the promise of a night filled with indiscretions. And of course that coveted alumni t-shirt.

It's where I grew up and somehow emerged unscathed; prepared for the Real World. Seriously, I have business cards now! It's comforting for me and for my ATM card, to know that we'd be welcomed with open arms [and open bar tabs]. Such wonderful memories came jolting back to me when I spilled out on the slippery pavement circa 3am...
  • trivia nights at Vital
  • Christmas time in the apartment
  • my car running out of gas half way up the hill to Newton lecture hall
  • falling asleep in Middle Eastern Politics (and subsequently being kicked out of class)
  • missing my stop and riding the short bus all the way to Wal-Mart
...laying in the middle of the quad in a stupor, I couldn't help but think that it's all come full circle. So it is with a new sense of calm and new feeling of purpose that I blog today. Maybe it's just this new headset that I'm testing out.

In the spirit of change, HookerJones has decided to switch around her cube. Her desk is now angled towards the pod's walkway; enough to almost barricade her in.

Cube Chat: Kenan and Kel; All That; how to pronounce "Darrel" ("duh-rell" or "dare-ell"...and does geographic location have an impact); how many blondes does it take to rearrange HookerJones' cube (no less than 3).

Think about your current career. Consider the many paths you could have chosen. Like the author of my newest read, The Secret Diary of a Call Girl. Contemplate at your own will.

REMINDER - bring in Toys for Tots! I am not to be held accountable if you end up in "H-E-L-L DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS" for not contributing to a less-fortunate child's holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment