Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome to the U.S.S.A.

Today the House voted in favor of reformed health care...

This matter directly affects any and all cube chumps. Face it, we can all thank Mr. President for driving a stake through the watermarks on our corporate paychecks.
Part of the reason I took a job right out of college was because my parents health insurance axed me the moment I crossed the stage last May. Legit...it was like 90% of my innocent twenty-something rationale. The other 10% needed cash and a new base from which to launch my local social status [all things and my blossoming popularity having been considered, I probably should have found a better balance].
So I bust my ace and have a job to afford health care that EVERYONE now shares? I'm no better than the guy with no legs who drags himself around the bus stop all day. Now account for my insane debt/student loans and all of the sudden, Stumpy actually has a figurative leg UP on me!

Boxed up all day - developing carpal tunnel at my desk, hitting my head on cube walls, wrapping the phone chord around my neck for 45 hours each week. My blood pressure rivals that of a Biggest Loser contestant. FYI...I'M GONNA NEED ALL THE HEALTH CARE I CAN GET.
We are the true 'little men' of this country. The hard workers that are the driving force of the economy. And since the economy is for shit, what is Washington going to do when we are all out of a job? Take that, Uncle Sam.

Think of us as the waiters/waitresses of America. We wait on the every need of the porky, bloated government who bitches us around with its orders. Our base salary is a pittance. It's good graces, hard work, and professionalism that rake in the tips [aka commission] and keep this country moving forward. How about ya throw a few breaks our way...or we're gonna start spitting in your entree.

No comments:

Post a Comment