Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Elephants Never Forget

The elephant in the room...there's been something I've been meaning to address. It's just been tough to find the words.

Pod Snack-A-Lot has broken up. There's a feeling in the pit of my stomach - kind of like when the Backstreet Boys went their separate ways. No...no, wait. That feeling is hunger, where are my fellow snackers??

So yesterday was weird. Since moving cubes my computer was out of commission for the day - in cube life, that's pretty much an eternity. Solution: temporary relocation...I didn't have my passwords saved, the icons weren't in the right places. Wanna know what? I also hooked up my headset to the receiver plug-in...which made for really awesome one-sided, non-communicative convos.

Perhaps the actual elephant is, more-or-less, the giant ball of stress (aka me). To be frank, an entire bottle of wine (or 4) can't even pacify me. There's nothing like a good crash and burn, and saying "sir" 80 times in one breath, to get you going. You ever have those moments where you just word vomit to the point of confusing the other party, and in turn you confuse yourself? I don't think my humility will ever forgive me for that clusterfuck phone call. Some things are better left unsaid...leave the elephants alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment