Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Devil Town

Devil Town - Tony Lucca

A parody:

I was calling in a devil town,

Didn't know it was a devil town,

Oh Lord, it really brings me down

'bout the devil town...

All my friends were cold callers

Didn't know they were cold callers,

Turns out I was a cold caller myself

In a devil town...


Ya dig? Since I'm on like my 80th cup of coffee, and since I'm investing in a fancy French-ass hat that the artists wear, the long-neglected Pod 2 is now a place for poetry reading and lyrical interpretation. Please hold your applause, snap your fingers instead.

After a brutal afternoon of phoning southern states, my dignity's been tangled in the phone lines. At least 8 leads that I called, the main contact was dead. You tell me how that's not awkward. Damn devil towns...

Now for my next masterpiece:

I like big CUBES and I cannot lie
You other callers can't deny
That when your manager walks in, to your itty bitty place
Shakes his finger in your face
you're out-STRUNG
and wanna say 'shut up'
cause you notice your call was screened
by the secretary.
I'm zonin' and I can't stop staring
oh, baby I wanna speak with ya
and then convict ya.
My cube mates tried to warn me
but that comp screen
got me dronin.


It's a work in progress. And I'm accepting any/all submissions. Stretch your minds and your dormant creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment