Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Door of Opportunity

I'm going to give myself a solid pat on the back for a job well done.

First sale in my new department. Holler. It only took 3 effing weeks (aka 3 decades in sales years).

It's time for me to reflect on the past 10months of my post-grad life. The view hasn't changed much. Cube. Computer monitor. Telephone. Although I do feel a new sense of accomplishment, earned a few stripes - and obviously managed a few battle wounds (always remember to tighten the lid on your coffee traveler mug...).

Sales isn't exactly the department that hands out those 'participation trophies' to everyone on the team. You get your nose bloody and earn your spot. Or you get canned.

Admittedly, today got off to a shit-hole start. Nothing to do with Cubicle Land, more like what it represents...

...Twenty-Something Limbo.

Realistically our individual responsibilities at The Office don't amount to pencil shavings. And at home (yes, living with my parents), my contributions include table setting and tub scrubbing. Every time I try to cut loose and live in the fast lane, I get a speeding ticket. No seriously...I have three. If you think I'm getting off my parent's car insurance any time soon - then I'm the freaking Mad Hatter.

So yes the weight of the Corporate World was crushing my soul.

And it turned on a dime. Now I'm spinning the CW on my fingertip like a Globe Trotter.

****In case you were wondering about the palm tree in the cube illustration...

please note that I have a mini-Christmas tree in mine. HookerJones has bamboo. Artist is applauded for accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment