Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Your Sales Suit

My executive is handling an account in a southern state that will remain nameless. I had set an appointment for him at a heating & air establishment that will also remain nameless. The appointment was set for 9:30am. My exec called me at 9:45am to tell me he was kicked out of the appointment - I asked why. Apparently they do not like "his kind"...which is Korean.

Pair of racist, redneck, southern hicks.

I'd like to mail them some anthrax XOXO all my love!

Unfortunately that's the name of this game (not anthrax) - in sales you have to have a thick skin, a Sales Suit of Armor. It's disgusting that there are still such close-minded people in America. It sucks that you still gotta put up with their shit.

One time I called a guy who decided to jerk me around a bit. I told him who I'd already been in contact with, he'd reply, "Oh so they told you to call me?" - no. Miscommunication causes me the most anguish. One wrong word can blow up a lead. And then he picked, "Do you even know what we do?" - yes. Finally I said to this guy, "You're just jerking me around aren't you? Well this is not for everybody. Obviously you don't want to support your city and you don't want to grow your business. So thank you have a nice day." *click*

Wear your sales suit. Wear it proud. People can be assholes. Throw their shit right back at them (or anthrax).

New in office drama:
Kenny is on the prowl for BuckWild's hot sauce. Today his efforts were in vain...the search continues tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment