Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ghetto Mini Mart Run-in

Yesterday during lunch I hopped across the street to the news stand for some chewing gum; it's more like a ghetto mini mart. Basically it's the size of two cubes and since its right near the downtown bus station there was a mass of seedy characters collecting inside.

Of course I'm the only white girl in there. Of course the friendly 19-year-old community college student corners me. Had braces and a look of innocence. He was a master of his craft...starting off with simple "get to know you" questions, where would I suggest he continue his education to complete his degree? Then *BAM* - he's starting a business and needs partners. WTF. I prayed for some one call my cell or to try and rob me. Then he proceeds to grill me for more information. "Here, let me get your number," - um, no son, I'll give you my fake email address. I feigned dumb and told him that I left my business cards at the office. Not to worry, our little entrepreneur brought some lined paper that he'd no doubt ripped out of his Econ 101 notebook (so legit.). Said he'd love to meet for coffee or something to discuss business. Christ. I about threw my $1.35 at the cashier for a pack of gum and high-heeled it safely back to The Office. Never leaving the home turf without back up again.

I have to make an amendment to yesterday's entry: HookerJones should be credited with www.retailmenot.com - she in fact passed on the good word to Kenny and The Butler.

HookerJones is telephoning a clown today....Cupcake Jones. Dead serious.

Next time you feel like being an ass, call your friend, "Hi. I'd like to order a clown." Guaranteed laugh.

The Butler brought in fat free chips that were made with Olestra. What is this new chemical? I researched for the most credible information on Wikipedia, of course. Olestra is able to dissolve lipid-soluble vitamins such as vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, and vitamin A, along with carotenoids. Fat soluble nutrients consumed along with Olestra products are excreted along with the undigested Olestra molecules...aka it makes you shit. Wish she'd brought them in yesterday - would have made for an interesting ghetto mini mart getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment