Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holiday Season Kick-off

The Office is a buzz. The twenty-somethings are running the place right now.

Ever notice how everything seems to creep up now that you're working 9-5 every day? Weekends come and go in a blur. It's almost December...Christmas, etc. will be here before we know it.

Thanksgiving Eve. Twenty-somethings will be making the pilgrimage home to their families and to their high school crew to start the season in fine fashion.

I can almost taste the $4 pitchers now...

I remember rumors about a 5 year reunion for my graduating class. Not necessary. I'll just hit the local bar and see all 420 former classmates, just like last year, that I crossed the stage with back in June 2005. (holy shit. it's 2009).

My twenty-something path has been paved with stubs from the last six months' paychecks. It hasn't been the same story for most of my hometown friends - grad school, time abroad (guess who's buying tonight!). Kidding. Looking forward to seeing everyone's current life status...and just like you, I'll be comparing my successes to everyone I reconnect with tonight. Too soon?

Holidays are great because of the traditions and memories. In fact, this time last year brings up two exciting stories from my youth:

1) Last year, as a senior in college, I arrived home for Thanksgiving break with a hickey that could have stopped traffic. Strange enough my parents said nothing.

2) Last year, out for Thanksgiving eve, my cell phone took a dive in the pitcher. I lied and told my parents that some one had spilled their glass and my phone was in the disaster zone...they bought it. The rest of the night, I made it quite clear that everyone would have to "landline!" me. Also when we sat down at a table there were some one's untouched wings that I dominated, nom! (yeah that's right. wanna fight?)

After all of the food and all of the booze, the holiday season (and a three week detox) will officially be underway.


PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT COURTESY OF MY HOMIE:

http://www.kdvr.com/news/wghp-pg-faces-of-meth,0,1672786.photogallery?index=kswb-pg-faces-of-meth-007

My Homie says, "in case you ever felt like dabbeling in this illicit activity...think
about your complexion."

Sales is 80% looks! These are career choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment