Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BK Moment

Burger King is hiring...can't say that I didn't consider it, only to supplement my current income.

Our co-worker of South American descent (specifically Paragua) has rejoined the ranks after calling in sick yesterday. We'll refer to her as Lil Thug, mainly because of her short stature and her kind-natured yet BALLER attitude. She actually contemplated calling in on Friday because she couldn't find anything to wear. Can't remember the last time I went shopping...I just try not to repeat outfits in the same week.

Living at home means my closet doubles. I am privy to every Banana Republic top and all of the *bling* that my mom owns - and that's a lot of bling. (Note to self: when attempting to gain independence, stay out of Mom's closet. Instead, get two speeding tickets so that you can't afford insurance and then wreck your car and have your parents sign the lease and title on your new car.)

The only way to move up is to move out. So how is a struggling twenty-something expected to establish some solid footing? Better get my references ready for Burger King.

p.s. New Guy sitting in the cube next to me is a Yankees hater. This is a conflict of interest. Hopefully he'll recognize that his cube has been empty for a month (and that I've therefore lost all social skills) before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment