Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

It didn't even seem like a good idea at the time.

via Gawker
(Washington Post - Feb 9) Rep. Chris Lee (R-N.Y.) resigned from the House Wednesday evening effective immediately, an announcement that came just hours after a Web site reported that the married congressman had sent a shirtless image of himself to a woman he met on Craigslist.

"I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents," Lee said in a statement announcing his resignation. "I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness."

...That same day, she got a response from a person who said his name was Christopher Lee, describing himself as 39-year-old lobbyist, "a very fit fun classy guy. Live in Cap Hill area. 6ft 190lbs blond/blue." In follow-up e-mails he attached photos...
"I'm a 39-year-old lobbyist..."  as the alias for a 46-year-old congressman.  Great cover.

T Woods, Brett Favre...like, I get it.  Textual mishaps.  Big athletes, big egos, big bucks.  Not big brained and not big boned (in Favre's case.) - clearly.  Takes a few months, few years to get the story out.

Then some crackhead congressman puts himself on Craigslist.  Gets caught and resigns within 4 hours.  And did you not see the Craigslist Killer on Lifetime Movie Network??  The 48 Hours special?? IT'S A. TRUE. STORY.

G-babe and I cruise through the 'missed connections' on Craigslist during lunch because they are outrageous.  Last week I was showing my mom because legit crackheads solicit themselves...her response:  "DO NOT EVER RESPOND TO ONE OF THOSE" - seriously??? We just like to laugh hysterically at how much better our lives are than:

Ebony beauty working at marketplace Micky D's - m4w -

[[I see you working behind the counter alot. Do you live there? lol. I guess the same can be said for me. I just come in to see your face. I usually just get dollar menu. We always share a shy smile. I know you smoke because you don't hide the pack very well in your back pocket. I just want to kiss you so badly]]

Pray tell, exactly what kind of tail does one anticipate from Craigslist  booty-calling?

Not to be an ass but, Antoine Dodson said it best, "you ahhh dumb. you ahh sooooo dumb."

No comments:

Post a Comment