Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Notice anything different about me?


Well, you should. Because I'm officially 24 now. Bitches!

So through the looking glass...(or looking through the shot glass)

Assess a 24-yr-old's Saturday night run in with 21-yr-olds. Premise: 24-yr old females celebrating birthday, 21-yr old males having just graduated college...The strapping young gentlemen approached us as we venture for drinks:
Youngins: so what are you ladies out for tonight.
Youngladies: welllll it's somebody's birthday! [points to obnoxious birthday headdress]
Youngins: ohhhh. well we just graduated Local Private College today.
Youngladies: oh congratulations fellas!
Youngins: yeah. we were on the varsity soccer team. *winks*
...
Youngladies: wowww that's soooo coooooooooooolllllllll. so you must be in like really great shape.
Youngins: yeah so like how old are you turning? twenty....?
Youngladies: ...four. twenty-four.
Youngins: [look of sheer surprise renders on face]
...
Youngins: so are you down to have fun tonight or are you just going to be like -
Youngladies: oh no no. honey i'm going home with that guy, he's twenty-seven [points over to 'that guy'] yeah, sorry. [but, not really sorry]
Youngins: what? i can show you a better time *winks again*
Youngladies: aww! you know, you're kind of cute.
Exit stage left.

(I know, I was kind of thinking the year 24 would include more sirens, handcuffs, documented belligerence or at least some spandex.)

Ahhh you kids keep me young! Like, come on. What did we learn this past year? Act like you don't know.

SIDE NOTE: This blog and its postings are a fundamentally narcissistic extension of my personality, but let this be a shout out to the staple characters of my life. Cuz my stories wouldn't be nearly as amusing if you weren't here to laugh with/at me. And to my partners-in-crime - gotta throw you a hip check, hi-five, hit-and-run. Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment