Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Open Enrollment really got the best of me.

Every year it's a struggle to get my flu shot.

In fact, my grandmother had to bribe me last year to get it:

Gma: If you get your flu shot, I will give you spending money for our trip to Italy.
Me: ...ugh.
[three weeks later, I got The Shot only because my roommate is a nurse and was able to shoot me up in the kitchen.]

So this year, I don't even know if I'm insured yet since I've been on payroll for like 40 days.  Plus there's no trip planned for Europe so I was expecting to avoid The Shot at every Rite Aid or Walgreen's corner.

But my new company offers it free at the Open Enrollment Fair.  How terribly inconvenient since it's more fun to avoid getting the The Shot at ALL costs (yet, how can you say no when it's zero cost...??)

While waiting in line, a Creeper approaches:
Creeper: Oh (he eyes, up and down) - don't worry, you won't even feel a thing.

Instead of my natural reaction to shoot him down with...you probably tell women that a lot (ish). - I thoughtfully replied, 'Do I look scared?'

Creeper:  No.  Actually (again, eyeing.) you look tired.
Geez dude, kick me while the caffeine hasn't yet hit ON TOP OF the preemptive vaccination???  This is killin me.

Point: Open Enrollment, Squid: this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment