Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No Glow, No Show

Is this real life?

At an AHL hockey game this weekend with HookerJones, The Butler, and a few other Office buddies, we were hostage to a band of hockey jocks and the cast of Star Wars. Somebody had the brilliant idea to award a plastic light stick to every knee-biting-kiddo upon entry - only encouraging them by having costumed freaks parade around the arena.

The 11-year olds were entertaining - but the Star Wars junkies? Not so much.

I wonder what it's like through the eyes of a cyberspace crazy. As a Star Wars fan, I'll admit, the movies were worth my childhood interests. And even now I still appreciate Lucas' dynasty. But let's get one thing straight: I will never be role-playing as Princess Leia to anybody's Han Solo.

I couldn't help but stare at these full-body, intricate costumes - do you think they speak in alien tongues too? I immediately texted non-cubicle friend, J-Fizzle, to alert her...she wished me well and said that if I did pick myself up a new 'friend', she hoped that the batteries for their lightsaber wouldn't run out, "No Glow, No Show!"

Indeed.

To be honest, the small army of 11-year olds had much better game. Another beer or two could have really put HookerJones in a compromising position. They charmed us with pictures of their girlfriends on their cell phones...and they were yelling at each other about 'naked wrestling' with their girlfriends (ummmm???).

Then again, we can't judge. We sit in 5x5 boxes for over 40 hours each week tethered to Polycom phones.

So whether from our quadrilateral quarters, behind a storm trooper's helmet, or from the eyes of a pee-wee hockey team...to make it in the real world or in fantasy land, you just gotta...

No comments:

Post a Comment