Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Cabin Fever

"Snowicane"...really?

That term, although clever, isn't really acceptable for Upstate New York...maybe for North Carolina where they in fact experience hurricanes. Then it'd be a cute little pun, plastered all over the media. They'd probably even make some "I Survived the Snowicane 2010" t-shirts.

Pretty sure it's just a blizzard.

Schools, colleges - closed. Vehicles spun out on the highway. Most podmates were stuck digging their cars out from under the foot of snow that dropped from the heavens overnight. Luckily, even with my driving record, my mom lent me her NEW Acura MDX. Luckily, I had a fender before I even made it out of my neighborhood [sweeeeeet].

Is the internet failing out for anyone else? I mean, I've been stuck in The Office stairwell before - but only for 20 minutes. We'd probably kill each other if we were marooned here because of a power outage...or have a spontaneous dance party.

It'd be like LOST: The Office.

NYS is closing down the thru-way. Our city is shutting down major roads to plow and salt. Sweet surrender we gotta get outta here!

Everyone, head over to Legends, we'll throw back a few and then sled our way home.

HookerJones has a bit of cabin fever...she's staring mindlessly at her telephone receiver, squeezing a partially inflated birthday balloon...I think she's got the blizzard on her mind. And by blizzard I mean - Blizzard, not some snowicane. So where can I find me a Dairy Queen?

No comments:

Post a Comment