Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

When I was 24 ... (this is where i reminisce and air the dirty laundry)


If you're wondering about the mini washing machine and giant cupcake (with naughty sprinkles)...then wtf have you been? Seriously.

J-fizz had the funnies for my big day: I went from a complete-mess-of-a-24-year-old to a still-slightly-out-of-my-mind-25-year-old.

Now I get to impart some stuff on those youngins; stuff that I've learned over the year.

Here's some really awkward, vague, reflective wisdom:
  • Neglect social graces and opt for no strings
  • Get fired.
  • Children. If you don't have some of your own, find someone else's. Share stories with them, laugh with them, play with them, and teach them something (even if it's how to 'drop it low'). You won't regret it.
  • Hit up Bingo on a Friday night. Instant self-esteem boost.
  • Try dating. Then snap out of it.
  • Light up a few cigars.
  • Sift through your people. Keep the good ones. The ones who know your shit when you can't...and bail you out when you lock yourself out of: your house, their house, their parent's house when you're dogsitting ...
The birthday celebrations lasted for 4 days. I have some pretty awesome people to thank for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment