Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Cubicle Land: the epic return

Today is one of those days that you get the extra-large coffee.  With extra-everything.

Today, I return to Cubicle Land.

With the new hire's agenda in hand, and a deadened look in my eyes, I go forth towards the threshold of my Hell.  After having been out of the office for 2 months and 28 days, it's safe to say that my wit is dull and my caffeine tolerance is low.  For now.

Pam (we'll just call her...Pam.) was in touch last week.  There is a cube ready and waiting for me.  This first day will be new hire orientation.  It's called 'on-boarding'.  This company may actually be legit.

But as they try to sell me on the higher premium benefits and bribe me with free lunch, at least this time I know to take the cheapest package (so I can max out those pay stubs) and to avoid the chicken salad pita (at all costs).

Right?? This isn't my first rodeo.




Who the hell is meeting me for happy hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment